Definition and Methods Regarding Cosmetic Dentistry
You should feel good about yourself since a friendly grin effectively establishes a first impression. Cosmetic dentistry is an option if you feel self-conscious about flashing your pearly whites.
If you’re not confident with your smile, you might choose to consult a cosmetic dentist. While it is true that most of us can get by with a few chips or a missing tooth, cosmetic dental operations may offer you a far more positive self-image and a healthier smile.
There is probably a cosmetic operation that can fix your crooked teeth, discoloration, fractured or chipped tooth, or unsightly gaps in your teeth.
Cosmetic Dentistry: What exactly is it?
Cosmetic dentistry refers to any dental procedures undertaken primarily to enhance the teeth’s aesthetics. Cosmetic dentistry may seem like it’s all about looks, but there are preventative measures that can be taken as part of the process.
Orthodontic treatment (including braces and aligners) can realign teeth, seal gaps, and keep teeth from shifting out of place. As a result, your dental hygiene improves, your chewing skill grows, your teeth stop grinding, and you may experience less jaw pain.
Procedures like dental implants can also be used to close gaps in teeth, which helps preserve the jawbone’s integrity and the remaining teeth’ integrity.
Various Forms of Enhanced Dental Care
A wide range of cosmetic dental treatments are available to enhance your smile. There are various Cosmetic dentistry Owings Mills procedures to choose from if you wish to improve the look of your teeth. Several examples include:
- Orthodontics- Straightening crooked teeth and realigning a misaligned bite is the specialty of orthodontists, who use special tools and techniques.
- Veneers- Thin shells called veneers can be bonded to a person’s teeth with dental adhesive to make them look more attractive.
- Crowns- Crowns are custom-made caps that go over the top of your teeth to close gaps and restore enamel worn down by cavities.
- Dental implants and fixed hybrid dentures- Implanted teeth or fixed hybrid dentures are a permanent solution to tooth loss and can restore your whole smile. Posts made of metal are placed into the jawbone to anchor the prosthetic tooth. The fixed hybrid denture cost is significantly lower as it is less invasive than dental implants.
- Dental bonds- Bonds in dentistry are formed of a composite substance designed to look like tooth enamel. You may use them to fix little chips and gaps in your smile by bonding them to your natural teeth.
- Teeth Whitening- Whitening your teeth is a great way to eliminate the stains and discoloration that develop on your teeth over time.
Choosing Between a General Dentist and a Cosmetic Dentist
Protecting patients from illnesses that might harm the mouth, teeth, or gums are a primary focus of general dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry encompasses any dental work done to improve how one’s teeth look. Both general and aesthetic dentists have earned degrees from respectable institutions to handle situations in case of dental emergency.
Even if they primarily focus on general dentistry, most dentists know at least the basics of aesthetic dentistry. Despite the word’s connotation of frivolity, general and cosmetic dentists frequently work together.
If a patient has a chipped tooth, which makes it difficult for them to eat, the general dentist may need to place a dental bond. In light of this, it is important to know that most dental offices can treat patients who require both routine and elective aesthetic dental work.
Cosmetic Dentistrty has you covered regarding your teeth, gums, and bite. The fields of restorative and aesthetic dentistry share some common ground, such as dental implants and crowns to restore damaged teeth, but they also have important distinctions.
While a cosmetic dentist works to improve how teeth seem, a restorative dentist improves how they work. Nevertheless, he also works to realize the client’s vision of a flawless grin. Aesthetic improvements to one’s teeth qualify dental work as cosmetic.